Superfood salmon bowl
A flavour-packed healthy meal for two of salmon, brown rice and vegetables
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Additional Time2 hours marinating
- Cooking Time15 mins
- 2 salmon fillets
- 8 tbsp Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce with Toasted Sesame
- 120g brown rice, cooked according to packet instructions
- 200g leaf spinach
- 3 celery sticks, sliced into 1 cm pieces
- 1 red pepper
- 1 courgette, sliced into rounds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 75g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 lemon wedges for squeezing
Cover the salmon fillets in the teriyaki sauce and put them in the fridge for a couple of hours to marinate.
Preheat oven to 180C. Put the salmon and sauce into a baking pan, ensuring each fillet is evenly coated with the teriyaki sauce. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
While the salmon is cooking, fry the celery, pepper and courgette in the olive oil for about 5 minutes until slightly softened. Season with pepper.
Blanch the leaf spinach in hot water briefly and drain.
Divide the hot cooked rice into two bowls, add the lightly fried vegetables and spinach. Top with the salmon, followed by the avocado slices and cherry tomatoes. Squeeze over a wedge of lemon and serve.