Sweet and Spicy Beef and Rice Bowl
A simple dish of stir-fried steak in a spicy teriyaki sauce on a bed of rice
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy517 Kcals
- Saturated Fat2.6g
- 300g rice
- 1 – 2 tbsp oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 500g minute steak, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 100ml Kikkoman Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp pink pickled ginger
- 2 spring onions, cut into 2.5cm lengths and shredded
Cook the rice according to the pack instructions, drain, then set aside and keep warm.
While the rice is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok over a high heat and cook the onions for about 3 - 4 minutes, until they are starting to soften. Stir in the steak and cook for 1 minute then add the ginger, garlic, red chilli, Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade and 100ml water. Heat through.
In a small bowl, mix 1 - 2 tbsp of the hot sauce with the cornflour to make a paste. Stir this into the pan to thicken the sauce. Cook for another minute.
Divide the prepared rice between 4 bowls then spoon over the beef mixture and top with the pickled ginger and spring onions.