Teriyaki pork skewers
Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade is perfect for last minute barbecues because food develops a delicious flavour in as little as 15 minutes marinating
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Additional Time20 mins soaking for the skewers
- Cooking Time6 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy129 Kcals
- Saturated Fat0.9g
- 500g pork fillet, cubed
- 3tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 3tbsp Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade
- 1tsp fresh lemon grass puree
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut into wedges and layers separated
- 1 red, yellow and green pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
Spread out the pork in a shallow dish. Mix together the sugar, teriyaki marinade, lemon grass puree and oil and pour over the pork. Turn until all the meat is coated, cover the dish with cling film and leave in a cool place for several hours or overnight to marinade.
Lift the pork pieces from the dish and thread onto skewers alternately with the onion and pepper chunks. If using wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes in cold water first so they do not burn under the grill.
Cook in a lightly greased ridged pan, under a conventional grill or on a barbecue for 5-6 minutes, turning the skewers over regularly and brushing the meat with any marinade left in the dish. Serve immediately.